- High pulse energy at kHz rates
- Diode pumped solid state design
- Air cooled – external water supply is not required
- Turn-key operation
- Low maintenance costs
- Optional streak camera triggering pulse with <10 ps rms jitter
- Remote control pad
- PC control via USB with supplied LabVIEW™ drivers
- Optional temperature stabilized second, third and fourth harmonic generators
- Time resolved fluorescence, pump-probe spectroscopy
- OPG/OPA/OPO pumping
- Remote Laser Sensing
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics applications
PL2210 series diode-pumped, air-cooled, mode-locked Nd:YAG lasers provide picosecond pulses at a kilohertz pulse repetition rate. Short pulse duration, excellent pulse-to-pulse stability, superior beam quality makes PL2210 series diode pumped picosecond lasers well suited for many applications, including material processing, time-resolved spectroscopy, optical parametric generator pumping, and other tasks.
PL2210 series lasers offer a number of optional items that extend the capabilities of the laser. A pulse picker option allows control of the pulse repetition rate of the laser and operation in single-shot mode. The repetition rate and timing of pulses can be locked to an external RF source (with –PLL option) or other ultrafast laser system (with –FS option). The laser provides a triggering pulse for synchronization of the customer‘s equipment. A low jitter SYNC OUT pulse has a lead up to 500 ns that can be adjusted in ~0.25 ns steps from a PC. Up to 150 μs lead of triggering pulse is available as a PRETRIG option that is designed to provide precise, very low jitter trigger pulses for a streak camera. Custom-built models with higher pulse energy are available on request.
Built-in harmonic generators
Angle-tuned non-linear crystals mounted in temperature stabilized heaters are used for second, third and fourth high spectral purity harmonic generation.
Simple and convenient laser control
The laser can be controlled from a user-friendly remote control pad or USB interface. The remote pad allows easy control of all parameters and features. Alternatively, the laser can be controlled from a computer withsupplied software for a Windows™ operating system. LabVIEW™ drivers are supplied as well.
||Up to 400 μJ, 25 ps pulses at an up to 2 kHz repetition rate
||Up to 900 μJ, 25 ps pulses at an up to 1 kHz repetition rate
||Up to 2.5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz repetition rate at 80 ps pulses
||Model, in addition to a 1 kHz pulse train, has an output of 88 MHz pulse train with 5 W average power
that can be used for pumping synchronously pumped OPOs
||Up to 5 mJ energy at a 1 kHz repetition rate at 80 ps pulses
| at 1064 nm
|| 0.4 mJ
|| 0.9 mJ
|| 2.5 mJ
||2.5 mJ at 1 kHz
5 W at 88 MHz
|2.5 mJ / 5 mJ
| at 532 nm 2)
|| 0.45 mJ
|| 1.3 mJ
||1.3 mJ / 2.5 mJ
| at 355 nm 3)
|| 0.11 mJ
|| 0.3 mJ
|| 0.8 mJ
||0.8 mJ / 1.3 mJ
| at 266 nm 4)
|| 0.05 mJ
|| 0.15 mJ
|| 0.5 mJ
||0.5 mJ / 0.8 mJ
|Pulse energy stability (Std. Dev) 5)
| at 1064 nm
| at 532 nm
| at 355 nm
| at 266 nm
|Pulse duration (FWHM) 6)
|| 25±2 ps
|| 80±8 ps
||25±2 ps / 80±8 ps
|Pulse duration stability 7)
|| ±1 ps
|| ±1 ps
|| ±3 ps
||±1 ps / ±3 ps
|Pulse repetition rate 8)
||1 or 2 kHz
||1 kHz / 1 MHz
|Typical SYNC OUT pulse delay 9) 10)
|SYNC OUT pulse jitter
||<0.1 ns rms
|Spatial mode 11)
|Beam divergence 12)
|Beam diameter 13)
|Beam pointing stability 14)
|Laser head size (W x L x H) 15)
|| 456 x 1031 x 242 mm
|Power supply size (W x L x H)
||365 x392 x 290 mm
|| 475 x 460 x 290 mm
||not required, air cooled
||10-80 % (non condensing)
||22 ± 2 °C
||100-240 VAC, single phase, 50/60 Hz
|Power consumption 16)
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice. Parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise, all specifications are measured at 1064 nm.
2) For PL2210x-SH and PL2210x-SH/FH options. Outputs are not simultaneous. Please inquire for pulse energies for other harmonic generator options.
3) For PL2210x-TH option. Outputs are not simultaneous. Please inquire for pulse energies for other harmonic generator options.
4) For PL2210x-SH/FH option. Outputs are not simultaneous. Please inquire for pulse energies for other harmonic generator options.
5) Averaged from 300 pulses at 1 kHz pulse repetition rate.
6) Optional 80±8 ps duration.
7) Measured over 1 hour period when ambient temperature variation is less than ±2 °C.
8) Should be specified when ordering. Inquire for custom pulse repetition rates.
9) In respect to optical pulse. <10 ps rms jitter is provided with PRETRIG option.
10) SYNC OUT lead or delay can be adjusted with 0.25 ns steps in specified range.
11) Gaussian fit >90%.
12) Full angle measured at the 1/e² point at 1064 nm.
13) Beam diameter is measured at 1064 nm at the 1/e² point.
14) Rms value measured from 300 shots.
15) 455×1235×250 mm (W×L×H) laser head size might be required for some optional configurations.
16) At 1 kHz pulse repetition rate.
- Option PRETRIG provides low jitter pulse for streak camera triggering with lead/delay in -150...150 μs range and <10 ps rms jitter.
- Option P80 provides 80±8 ps output pulse duration. Main specifications:
|Pulse energy *
|Pulse duration (FWHM)
|| <80 ps
*At 1064 nm
- Option PC allows reduction of the pulse repetition rate of the PL2210 series laser by integer numbers. Single shot mode is also possible. In addition, the –PC option reduces the low-intensity quasi-CW background that is present at laser output at 1064 nm wavelength. Please note that the output of fundamental wavelength and harmonics will be reduced by approx. 20% with installation of the –PC option.
Ordering information of PL2210 series picosecond Nd:YAG lasers