- Hermetically sealed DPSS master oscillator
- Diode pumped regenerative amplifier
- Power amplifier producing up to 140 mJ per pulse at 1064 nm
- ~28 ps pulse duration
- Excellent pulse duration stability
- Up to 100 Hz repetition rate
- Streak camera triggering pulse with <10 ps jitter
- Excellent beam pointing stability
- Thermo stabilized second, third or fourth harmonic generator options
- PC control trough USB and with supplied LabView™ drivers
- Remote control via keypad
- Time resolved spectroscopy
- SFG/SHG spectroscopy
- Nonlinear spectroscopy
- OPG pumping
- Remote laser sensing
- Satellite ranging
- Other spectroscopic and nonlinear optics applications
Ekspla is proud to introduce the first commercial fully diode pumped high pulse energy picosecond mode-locked laser, producing 28 ps pulses at 100 Hz pulse repetition rate.
The heart of the system is a diode pumped solid state (DPSS) master oscillator placed in a sealed monolithic block, producing high repetition rate pulse trains (88 MHz) ith a low single pulse energy of several nJ. Diode pumped amplifiers are used for amplification of the pulse to 140 mJ output. The high‑gain regenerative amplifier has an amplification factor in the proximity of 10⁶. After the regenerative amplifier, the pulse is directed to a multipass power amplifier that is optimized for efficient stored energy extraction from the Nd:YAG rod, while maintaining a near Gaussian beam profile and low wavefront distortion. The output pulse energy can be adjusted in approximately 1% steps, while pulse‑to-pulse energy stability remains at less than 0.5% rms at 1064 nm.
Angle-tuned KD*P and KDP crystals mounted in thermostabilised ovens are used for second, third, and fourth harmonic generation. Harmonics separators ensure the high spectral purity of each harmonic guided to different output ports. Built-in energy monitors continuously monitor output pulse energy. Data from the energy monitor can be seen on the remote keypad or on a PC monitor.
The laser provides triggering pulses for the synchronisation of your equipment. The lead of the triggering pulse can be up to 500 ns and is user adjustable in ~0.25 ns steps from a personal computer. If required, up to 1000 μs lead of triggering pulse is available when a PRETRIG option is installed.
Precise pulse energy control, excellent short-term and long-term stability, and a 100 Hz repetition rate makes PL2230 series lasers an excellent choice for many demanding scientific applications.
Simple and convenient laser control
For customer convenience the laser can be controlled through a user‑friendly remote control pad or USB interface.
The remote pad allows easy control of all parameters and features a back‑lit display that is easy to read even with laser safety eye-wear. Alternatively, the laser can be controlled from a personal computer with supplied software for a Windows™ operating system. LabView™ drivers are supplied as well.
| at 1064 nm
| at 532 nm4)
| at 355 nm5)
| at 266 nm6)
| at 213 nm7)
|Pulse energy stability (Std. Dev) 8)
| at 1064 nm
||< 0.2 %
||< 0.5 %
| at 532 nm
||< 0.4 %
||< 0.8 %
| at 355 nm
||< 0.5 %
||< 1.1 %
| at 266 nm
||< 0.5 %
|Pulse repetition rate
|Power drift 9)
||± 2.0 %
|Pulse duration (FWHM) 10)
||28 ps ±10 %
||80 ps ±10 %
|Pulse duration stability 11)
||± 1.0 %
||> 200:1 (peak-to-peak in respect to residual pulses)
||< 1 cm10)
|Beam profile 12)
||Close to Gaussian in near and far fields
|Beam divergence 13)
||< 1.5 mrad
||< 0.7 mrad
|Beam propagation ratio M2
|Beam pointing stability 14)
||≤ 10 µrad rms
||≤ 30 µrad rms
||linear, vertical, > 100:1
||vertical, > 99 % at 1064 nm
|Typical beam diameter 15)
|Optical pulse jitter
| -Internal triggering regime 16)
||< 50 ps (Std.Dev.) in respect to TRG1 OUT pulse
| -External triggering regime 17)
||~ 3 ns (Std.Dev.) in respect to SYNC IN pulse
|TRIG1 OUT pulse delay 18)
|Typical warm-up time
| Physical characteristics
|Laser head size (W x L x H)
||456 x 1031 x 249 mm
||456 x 1233 x 249 mm
||456 x 1432x 249 mm
|Electric cabinet size (W x L x H)
||12 VDC power adapter, 85x170x41 mm
||471 x 391 x 147 mm
| Operating requirements
|Relative humidity (non-condensing)
||100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, single phase
||200-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 5A, single phase
||< 0.15 kVA
||< 1.0 kVA
||< 1.5 kVA
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice. The parameters marked typical are not specifications. They are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise all specifications are measured at 1064 nm.
2) Preliminary and should be confirmed before quotation and purchase order.
3) Outputs are not simultaneous.
4) For PL2230 series laser with –SH, -SH/TH, -SH/FH or -SH/TH/FH option or –SH/TH/FH/FiH module.
5. For PL2230 series laser with –TH, -SH/TH or -SH/TH/FH option or –SH/TH/FH/FiH module.
6. For PL2230 series laser with -SH/FH or -SH/TH/FH option or –SH/TH/FH/FiH module.
7. For PL2230 series laser with –SH/TH/FH/FiH module.
8. Averaged from pulses, emitted during 30 sec time interval.
9. Measured over 8 hours period after 20 min warm-up when ambient temperature variation is less than ± 2 °C.
10. FWHM. Inquire for optional pulse durations in 20 – 90 ps range. Pulse energy specifications may differ from indicated here.
11. Measured over 1 hour period when ambient temperature variation is less than ±1 °C.
12. Near field Gaussian fit is ~80%.
13. Average of X- and Y-plane full angle divergence values measured at the 1/e² level at 1064 nm.
14. Beam pointing stability is evaluated from fluctuations of beam centroid position in the far field.
15. Beam diameter is measured at 1064 nm at the 1/e2 level.
16. With respect to TRIG1 OUT pulse. <10 ps jitter is provided with PRETRIG option.
17. With respect to SYNC IN pulse.
18. TRIG1 OUT lead or delay can be adjusted with 0.25 ns steps in specified range.
19. Air cooled. Adequate room air conditioning should be provided.