- Hands-free no gap wavelength tuning from 192 to 2600 nm
- Up to 50 mJ pulse energy in visible spectral range
- Up to 10 mJ pulse energy in UV spectral range
- Less than 5 cm⁻¹ linewidth
- 3 – 5 ns pulse duration
- Up to 30 Hz pulse repetition rate
- Remote control pad
- PC control via RS232 and LabVIEW™ drivers
- Optional separate shared output port for 355/532/1064 nm beam
- OPO pump energy monitoring
- Replacement of flashlamps without misalignment of the laser cavity
- Hermetically sealed oscillator cavity protects non-linear crystals from dust and humidity
- Laser-induced fluorescence
- Flash photolysis
- Remote sensing
- Time-resolved spectroscopy
- Non-linear spectroscopy
The NT342 series tunable wavelength nanosecond laser seamlessly integrates the nanosecond optical parametric oscillator and the Nd:YAG Q-switched nanosecond laser – all in a compact housing.
The main system features are: hands-free wavelength tuning from UV to IR, high conversion efficiency, optional fiber-coupled output and separate output port for pump laser beam.
Narrow bandwidth models have a linewidth of less than 5 cm⁻¹, which is ideal for many spectroscopic applications.
The laser is designed for convenient use. It can be controlled from remote keypad or from a PC through an RS232 interface using LabView™ drivers that are supplied with the system. The remote keypad features a backlit display that is easy to read even through laser safety googles. The OPO pump energy monitoring system helps to control pump laser parameters. Replacement of laser flashlamps can be done without misalignment of the laser cavity and/or deterioration of laser performance.
Tuning range extending optional add-ons
||Second harmonic generator for 210 – 409 nm range
||Sum-frequency generator for 300 – 409 nm range with high pulse energy
||Combined option for highest pulse energy in 225 – 409 nm range
||Deep UV option for 192 – 210 nm range
Accessories and other optional add-ons:
||Fiber coupled output in 350 – 2000 nm range
||Pulse energy attenuator
||Separate shared output port for Nd:YAG pump laser harmonics (532 or 1064 nm wavelengths)
||Air cooled power supply
|Wavelength range 2)
|| 410-709 nm 3)
|| 710-2600 nm
| SH generator (optional)
|| 210-409 nm
| SH/SF generator (optional)
| DUV generator (optional)
|Output pulse energy
| OPO 4)
| SH generator (optional) 5)
|| 2 mJ
|| 4 mJ
| SH/SF generator (optional) 6)
| DUV generator (optional) 7)
||<5 cm-1 8)
|Scanning step 9)
| Signal (410-709 nm)
| Idler (710-2600 nm)
|| 1 nm
| SH/SF/DUV beam (192-409 nm)
|| 0.05 nm
|Pulse duration 10)
|Typical beam diameter 11)
|Typical beam divergence 12)
| Signal beam
| Idler beam
| SH/SF/DUV beam
| Pump laser 13)
| Pump wavelength
| Max pump pulse energy
| Pulse duration
|| 4-6 ns
| Beam quality
||"Hat-Top" in near field, without hot spots
|| <0.6 mrad
|Pulse energy stability (StdDev)
|| <3.5 %
| Pulse repetition rate
|| 10 or 20 Hz 14)
|| 10 or 20 Hz
| Physical characteristics
| Unit size (WxLxH) 15)
| Power supply size (WxLxH)
|| 330x490x585 mm
| Umbilical length
| Water consumption (max 20 °C) 16)
|| 6 l/min
| Room temperature
|| 15-30 °C
| Relative humidity
||20-80 % (non-condensing)
||208 or 240 VAC, single phase 50/60 Hz
| Power consumption 17)
|| 1.8/3.4 kVA
1) Due to continuous improvement, all specifications are subject to change without notice. Parameters marked typical are indications of typical performance and will vary with each unit we manufacture. Unless stated otherwise, all specifications are measured at 450 nm.
2) Hands-free tuning range is from 192 nm to 2600 nm.
3) Tuning range extension to 400 – 709 nm is optional.
4) Measured at 450 nm. See tuning curves for typical outputs at other wavelengths.
5) Measured at 260 nm. See tuning curves for typical outputs at other wavelengths.
6) Measured at 340 nm. SF generator is optimized for maximum output in 300 – 409 nm range. See tuning curves for typical outputs at other wavelengths.
7) Measured at 200 nm.
8) Linewidth is <8 cm-1 for 210 – 409 nm range.
9) Represents wavelength change quantum for manual input from control pad. When wavelength is controlled from PC, the wavelength set precision is ~1 cm-1 in OPO range and ~2 cm-1 in SH/SFG range.
10) FWHM measured with photodiode featuring 1 ns rise time and 300 MHz bandwidth oscilloscope.
11) Beam diameter is measured at 450 nm at the FWHM level and can vary depending on the pump pulse energy.
12) Full angle measured at the FWHM level at 450 nm.
13) Separate output port for the 355 nm beam is standard. Outputs for 1064 nm and 532 nm beams are optional. Laser output will be optimised for OPO operation and specifications may vary with each unit we manufacture.
14) 30 Hz version is available. Inquire for pulse energy specifications.
15) Length from 821 to 1220 mm depending on configuration.
16) At 10 Hz pulse repetition rate. Air cooled power supply is available.
17) At 10/20 Hz pulse repetition rate.
NT342 series tunable wavelength lasers ordering information