- High brightness picosecond pulses at up to 1 kHz pulse repetition rate
- Nearly Fourier-transform limited linewidth
- Low divergence <2 mrad
- Hands-free wavelength tuning
- Tuning range from 193 nm to 16000 nm
- Remote control via keypad
- PC control using USB (RS232 is optional) and LabVIEW™ drivers
- Time resolved pump-probe spectroscopy
- Laser-induced fluorescence
- Infrared spectroscopy
- Nonlinear spectroscopy: vibrational-SFG, surface-SH, CARS, Z-scan
- Other laser spectroscopy applications
PGx11 series optical parametric devices employ advanced design concepts in order to produce broadly tunable picosecond pulses with nearly Fourier-transform limited linewidth and low divergence. High rightness output beam makes the PGx11 series units an excellent choice for advanced spectroscopy applications.
Optical layout of PGx11 units consists of Synchronously pumped Optical Parametric Oscillator (SOPO) and Optical Parametric Amplifier (OPA). SOPO is pumped by a train of pulses at approx. 87 MHz pulse repetition rate. The output from SOPO consists of a train of pulses with excellent spatial and spectral characteristics, determined by the SOPO cavity parameters.
OPA is pumped by a single pulse temporally overlapped with SOPO output. After amplification at SOPO resonating wavelength, the PGx11 output represents a high intensity single pulse on top of a low-intensity train, while in all other spectral ranges (idler for PG411 and PG711, signal for PG511, also DFG stages) only a single high intensity pulse is present. Three models designed for pumping by up to the 3rd harmonic of Nd:YAG laser are available.
- PG411 model has a tuning range from 420 to 2300 nm and is optimized for providing highest pulse energy in the visible part of the spectrum. When combined with an optional Second Harmonic Generator (SHG) and Sum Frequency Generator (-DUV), it offers the widest possible tuning range – from 193 to 2300 nm.
- PG511 model has a tuning range from 725 to 2000 nm and highest pulse energy in near-IR spectral range. With an optional Difference Frequency Generator (DFG) the tuning range can be extended into the 2300 – 10000 nm range. PG411 and PG511 models are designed to be pumped by PL2250 series lasers with a 10 Hz pulse repetition rate.
- PG711 model has 1 kHz pulse repetition rate and uses DPSS mode‑locked laser of the PL2210 series for pumping. When pumped with pulses of 90 ps duration, linewidths of less than 1 cm⁻¹ were measured in the spectral range up to 16 000 nm, which makes this device an excellent choice for time-resolved or nonlinear infrared spectroscopy.
Microprocessor based control system provides automatic positioning of relevant components, allowing hands free operation. Nonlinear crystals, diffraction grating and filters are rotated by ultra-precise stepper motors in microstepping mode, with excellent reproducibility. Precise nonlinear crystal temperature stabilization ensures long-term stability of generated wavelength and output power. For customer convenience the system can be controlled using a user-friendly remote control pad or through USB interface (RS232 is optional) from a personal computer (PC) using supplied LabView™ drivers. Available standard models are summarized in „Specifications“ table. Please inquire for custom-built versions.